Whether you start a small business such as a grocery store or a small restaurant, printing flyers might be amongst the very first investment you are going to make. While some may argue that in today’s world where a lot of marketing is carried online, do we really need to invest in business flyers. Well, this may surprise you but researches indicate that flyers can help small businesses expand their reach and bring-in new customers. Studies reveal that millions of flyers get printed in the United States every year.
At Blink Signs, we provide a wide range of print and graphics services to clients across various industries. In this article, we are going to list down some of the benefits of flyer marketing.
- Flyers can help you make a powerful first impression, connect with new prospects break the ice, and have prospective customers know about your brand and services.
- Flyers can also act as a potential networking tool. They are a tangible tool to pass your contact information and they also increase the chance of staying in touch with its receiver.
- Since flyers are not dependent on technology, they are accessible from anywhere. If you happen to be at an event where there is no internet, you can still pass important information by giving out your flyers.
- Flyers offer a great return and are a very cheap marketing tool in terms of cost per impression. They can boost sales as studies have revealed that for every 1000 flyers that get passed out, you can expect a 1.25% increase in sales.
How to design great flyers?
While a well-designed flyer can be a catalyst that leads to future clients, a poorly designed flyer can reflect badly on your business.
Here are some important factors to consider when designing a flyer.
- Choose the right typeface. Prioritize readability and make sure that the font you use represents your brand. To ensure optimum readability we recommend you to use 12pts or higher for the company’s name and use any font sizes smaller than 8pt.
- Carefully pick the size and shape. Rectangular-shaped flyers are mostly used by companies and are a safe bet. However, you can go creative and pick a different shape for your flyer.
● Makes sure that the information follows a clear pattern. Each piece of info must be clearly distinguishable and easy to process.